If you’re new to the body positivity movement, you might find shifting your mindset and ending negative self-talk to be challenging at first.
To help remind you that you are amazing right now, bookmark these uplifting body positivity quotes to remind yourself that your body is only one part of you — and that you’re awesome and worthy of love just as you are right this minute.
The shift starts by changing how you talk to yourself.
“The simplest way to integrate body positivity is to speak about your body in the same way you would speak to other people, with compassion versus harshness and criticism,” suggests Dr. Lauren Muhlheim, Psy.D., FAED, CEDS-S. “Stopping and catching the thoughts and replacing them with gentler and kinder thoughts is important.”
Using body-positive mantras or affirmations is a simple way to shift toward a more positive outlook.
When working with clients recovering from eating disorders or negative self-talk, Dr. Mulheim sometimes suggests that they jot down a body-positive mantra on a sticky note on their bathroom mirror.
She also suggests keeping a body gratitude journal for added motivation.
Habits take time, and that includes learning to love yourself as you are.
A positive mindset isn’t something everyone is born with, but it is something that you develop with the right tools.
(Pro tip: Don’t know where to start? Learn more about how Health Esteem on BODi can help you get there.)
Meanwhile, here’s a list of our top body positivity quotes to kickstart a friendlier, kinder conversation with yourself.
1. “Owning our story and loving ourselves through that process is the bravest thing that we will ever do.”― author and researcher Brené Brown
2. “how you love yourself is how you teach others to love you.” ― poet Rupi Kaur
3. “Fit is not a size, it’s a feeling.” — BODi Super Trainer Autumn Calabrese
4. “I think your whole life shows in your face and you should be proud of that.” — actress Lauren Bacall
5. “I’m all about body positivity and self-love because I believe that we can save the world if we first save ourselves.” — singer Lizzo
6. “To lose confidence in one’s body is to lose confidence in oneself.” — author Simone de Beauvoir
7. “You all can judge my body all you want, but at the end of the day, it’s MY body. I love it and I’m comfortable in my own skin.” — Olympic gold medalist, gymnast Simone Biles
8. “I don’t care how stereotypical it is, beauty has got to come from the inside. It’s got to come from owning her story — all of it. Her failures, her insecurities, her strength, her joy, all of it. There’s not one thing she can leave on the side of the road and not claim.” — actress Viola Davis
9. “Stop spending all day obsessing, cursing, perfecting your body like it’s all you’ve got to offer the world. Your body is not your art, it’s your paintbrush.” — author Glennon Doyle
10. “I smile just as wide no matter my current size because I’m proud of what this body has seen and done and represented.” — actress Lena Dunham
11. “Your words have so much power. Every day, if you tell yourself ‘I love you,’ if you give yourself one word of validation, it will change your mind.”— model Ashley Graham
12. “I realize everybody wants what they don’t have. But at the end of the day, what you have inside is much more beautiful than what’s on the outside.” — singer, actress Selena Gomez
13. “Remember, you have been criticizing yourself for years and it hasn’t worked. Try approving of yourself and see what happens.” — author Louise L. Hay
14. “I’m not ashamed of what I am and that I have curves and that I’m thick. I like my body.”— singer Alicia Keys
15. “I’ve learned that if you’re too skinny, they’ll say something about it. If you’re not skinny enough, they’ll say something about it. I just try to feel good in my own skin as much as I can.” — actress Jennifer Love Hewitt
16. “It’s all about accepting yourself the way you are. If you want to work towards a better you in whatever regards … do it. But you’re okay just the way you are today.” — model Tess Holliday
17. “I happen to be very confident in my own skin. It takes time to get to that place, but it’s all about embracing yourself and your body.” — singer Christina Aguilera
18. “Don’t let the scale define you. Be active, be healthy, be happy.” — Unknown
19. “You need to know that you’re enough. … You are enough just as you are.” — Meghan Markle, Duchess of Sussex
20. “My weight? It is what it is. You could get hit by a bus tomorrow. It’s about being content. And sometimes other priorities win.” — actress Melissa McCarthy
21. “I see my body as an instrument, rather than an ornament.” — singer Alanis Morissette
22. “Being a healthy woman isn’t about getting on a scale or measuring your waistline. We need to start focusing on what matters — on how we feel, and how we feel about ourselves.” — former First Lady Michelle Obama
23. “This body has carried me through a hard life. It looks exactly the way it’s supposed to.”― author Veronica Roth
24. “Young women, don’t worry so much about your weight. What makes you different or weird? That’s your strength.” — actress Meryl Streep
25. “I have a belly. And I have cellulite. And I still deserve love.” — comedian Amy Schumer
26. “Be happy in your own skin. If you are unhealthy, start by making small changes to become healthier. You are unique, beautiful, and worthy.” — actress Octavia Spencer
27. “I definitely have body issues, but everybody does. When you come to the realization that everybody does — even the people that I consider flawless — then you can start to live with the way you are.” — singer Taylor Swift
28. “Pretty much the strongest, most badass, and rebellious thing that you can do is to love your body in this world that screams at you that you shouldn’t.” ― author Laura Bates
29. “If you struggle to accept your body lines, change your perspective and remember how special our bodies are because of what they’re capable of doing.” — BODi trainer Jen Widerstrom
30. “Since I don’t look like every other girl, it takes a while to be okay with that. To be different. But different is good.” — tennis legend Serena Williams
31. “I finally realized that being grateful to my body was key to giving more love to myself.” — Oprah Winfrey
32. “…and i said to my body. softly. ‘i want to be your friend.’ it took a long breath. and replied ‘i have been waiting my whole life for this.” ― poet Nayyirah Waheed
The post 32 Uplifting Body Positivity Quotes appeared first on The Beachbody Blog.